hey sorry im late i didnt want to come
Someone told me they had seen me the other day at a restaurant nearby during lunch. And I told them that I didn’t see them otherwise I would have said hi and that next time they should totally say hi to me! And they said they were going to but it looked like I was super engaged in conversation with the people I was with and they didn’t want to interrupt me. Like I was really focused.
And I realized - I have my focus back. I’m giving people my 100% full attention again. I’m enjoying my time with them, and I’m able to be all there with them, completely.
It’s a good thing.
- Co-Worker: What are we going to do?
- Me: Yeah, I know. We are losing our leaders! It's going to be awful. And we are bringing in all these new people, and it's just going to be worse.
- Co-Worker: I don't want to bring in your supervisor. You say it's awful working with them. I don't want to.
- Me: yeah...
- Co-Worker: You aren't leaving, right? You can't leave me. Please don't say you're next.
- Me: ...I am here for now...I'm doing my work here. Getting things done.
- Co-Worker: For now? Are you looking for jobs?
- Me: No, I'm not looking...
- Co-Worker: Are you happy here?
- Me: Umm sure.
- In reality: No, I'm not looking for a job BUT a job has already been found for me if the grant comes through. So...the job found me. I didn't find it. AND no, I'm really not happy here at this job, but that sort of gossip has no place in this office....
Just enough to get my feet wet but not enough to let me drown.
I’ve been laying in my bed wishing I had never woken,
Begging god to rid my head of every word you’ve ever spoken.
Broke my knuckles on the wall because I thought about the call
Where you said you’d always love me, do you not tell the truth at all?
Well if I ever cross your mind, make sure you write down the times
So I will know the moments I was eating you alive."
— Front Porch Step | Drown (via ghostunifier)
— OCC (via onlinecounsellingcollege)
— Sherrilyn Kenyon (via onlinecounsellingcollege)